Dear Babe Ruth Family:
I hope you are excited about the start of the Babe Ruth season as we are. We hope the season will provide competitive and instructional play for all players in our league.
If your child lives within the Bel-Mateo Babe Ruth boundaries, a potential opportunity for your child after the regular season is the participation in the Babe Ruth All Stars. This program selects a group of players to compete against other Babe Ruth All-Star teams, first locally, then hopefully at the state and regional levels with the potential to participate in the Babe Ruth World Series at all three age groups.
Based on players’ league performance, league Managers will collectively select players to create All-Star teams at the thirteen, fourteen, and fifteen-year-old levels. To ensure competitive and consistent teams, it is mandatory that participants be available for all practices and games for at least the first two rounds (District/State). Participating families must plan vacations and activities around the team’s schedule. Being selected to participate on an All-Star team is an honor and a privilege, an experience that your child will carry with him for life.
If you are unable to make the time commitment for All-Star participation, or if you simply have any questions, please contact me, either by email or phone by June 1st so that I can pass on this information to the managers at the selection meeting when the time comes.
We have decided to provide these dates to you early in the season so you are planning vacations or other events and would like your son to be eligible for the All-Star tournament you have time to plan accordingly.
Attached are the dates for the All-Star tournaments. Please compare these dates with your summer plans.
Thank you again for your participation and support of our league.
All Star Tournament Dates for 2013
- 13 year olds: Mountain View, July 3rd thru July 7th
- 14 year olds: Belmont, July 2nd thru July 5th
- 13-15 year olds: Baylands Park, Palo Alto July 4th thru July 6th
Northern-California State Tournaments:
- 13 year olds: Alameda, CA, July 13th thru July 19th
- 14 year olds: Woodland, CA, July 13th thru July 19th
- 13-15 year olds: Mountain View, CA, July 13th through July 19th
Pacific Southwest Regional Tournaments:
- 13 year olds: Vernal, UT, July 28th through August 4th
- 14 year olds: Surprise, AZ, July 28th through August 4th
- 13-15 year olds: Tucson, AZ, July 26th thru August 2rd
- 13-Year olds: Williston, ND, August 14th thru August 24th
- 14-Year-Old: Moses Lake, WA, August 14th thru August 22nd
- 13-15 Year-Old: Loudoun Co, VA, August 15th thru August 24th